Are you ready to experience what it's like to train with the best? Only 2 outstanding software engineering students are selected every cycle to the most challenging coding bootcamp in town.
The 2-month internship is split into two phases: the first phase is an intensive advanced program that covers state-of-the-art standards and techniques used in building robust and scalable web applications. Implementation of learned concepts is done using GitHub, Heroku, Ruby on Rails, and Ember.js. The second phase will include hands-on practice on some of the most advanced real-life projects in this field.
This is a paid internship that is only provided to outstanding students (80+ GPAs) of computer or software engineering majors. If you apply, you may still be subjected to an exam and interview.
Aside from that, we will teach you all you need to know, as long as you like challenges and learning new shiny things.
• Writing well formatted and semantic HTML that is optimized for search engines (SEO) and accessibility for screen readers.
• Writing SCSS that compiles to CSS.
• Organizing CSS using the Block Element Modifier (BEM) methodology for scalable web applications.
• Learning complex responsive web design applied using media queries.
• Intro to Ruby and the Ruby on Rails framework.
• Using MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture - applied in Ruby on Rails (server) and Ember.js (client).
• Building RESTful JSON APIs - applied using Ruby on Rails.
• Using ORMs to model and access databases - applied using ActiveRecord in Ruby on Rails.
• Database management systems, tables, and relationships.
• GitHub pull requests
• Code reviews
• Applying Test-Driven development (TDD), applied in Ruby on Rails (rspec) and Ember.js (QUnit).
• Learning Unit testing and Acceptance testing.
• Intro to Ember.js and Ember Data.
• Promises, callbacks, async-await.
• Writing jQuery for DOM manipulation and AJAX.
• Deploying to Heroku Cloud Infrastructure.
• Security: SSL, protecting against XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, etc
• Using build tools and linting: ESLint, ember-cli, Babel.js, asset concatenation, and minification.
• Writing proper code documentation.